"But today, of all days, it is brought home to me, it is no bad thing to celebrate a simple life..."

Thursday, June 9, 2011

Summer Has Begun

These last two weekends have been so much fun. 

We went to the lake for Memorial Day weekend, and I think it was the perfect way to start the summer off. Two of the nights that we were there I slept outside. It was wonderful gazing up at the dark sky, looking at the twinkling stars and occasinally seeing one shoot across the sky. 
It was too windy that weekend to take the boat out much, but we did go tubing once and it made me so anxious for summer and more tube rides. 

Then I came home for a few days. I mostly unpacked, cleaned, and packed again while I was here and then it was off to the lake once more. This time the wind was much calmer and we took the boat out a few times. We got on the water Saturday evening, and I had the last turn. It was sunset when I put my skis on, and I have decided that water skiing during a gorgeous sunset is one of my favorite experiences. Sunday morning the lake was smooth as glass. We decided that we could each get a short turn in and then get ready for church. The water was cold, but so worth it. Skiing on water that smooth is another wonderful experience. 
That afternoon, after church, we headed over to the Renfro's ranch. We had mud fights, and made drizzle castles. Then we watched the Mavs game, and after that we played Encore. It was a grand evening. :-) 

Now I am back home doing what I do here: unpacking, cleaning, and packing. Only this time I am packing, not for the lake, but for Harmony Hill. I'm not really sure how to explain my excitement about this camp. But if you have been you probably understand. :-) 

I guess that's about it for now. I hope your summer is going great! 


YAY for summer! 


No comments:

Post a Comment