"But today, of all days, it is brought home to me, it is no bad thing to celebrate a simple life..."

Tuesday, July 26, 2011

A Collection of Classic Books.

Books are lovely things. Most of the time I think them most lovely on the inside, but some are almost as lovely on the outside as well. 

Now, I am not one to buy a book based on it's cover. But if I want a book, and it happens to have a nice cover then why not get it instead of one with a not so cool cover? 
     So today I decided that I am going to start a collection of classic books with pretty covers. Here is my first book for the collection:
Pride and Prejudice (Barnes and Noble Leatherbound Classics Series)

Hopefully one day I will have a library with a big comfy recliner in front of a cozy fireplace, and with a window seat (I have always wanted a window seat) and shelves lining all four walls from the floor to the ceiling. And all those shelves will be filled with beautiful books. 


Here are some others that I want to add to the collection sometime.

I have not read this, but it is such a famous book that I feel I must read it. And of course it would look great in that library I will have one day. 


I just recently read my first Jane Austen book. I just recently discovered what I have been missing my whole life. My future library must have lots of Jane Austen books. 



Okay, confession. I don't really want to read this one. I mean it isn't on my book list at the moment, but I have this thing with watches, and a thing with black and white, and this would look great in my library. But, if I did buy it I would read it. But I want this one more for the looks than the content. 

So I am all ready to start on my classic book collection. Except for one small thing thing: money. But as I slowly earn money, I will slowly add to my library, and I will blog about each new addition. 

Bye for now, friends. I've got a Jane Austen book to look at-- uhh, I mean read. :)













2 comments:

  1. gasp!! prettiest pride and prejudice book EVER!! lucky ducky! did you see my new robin hood book?? I'm with you when it comes to pretty books. LOVE THEM!! hurrah!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had not seen your Robin Hood book until just now. Ahh, what loveliness! I might have to find another copy of that for my library!
    The same company that published the books I posted pictures of also have a pretty cool looking Cranford book. If the book is anywhere near as good as the movies (which most movies aren't half as good as the book) then I must read it. So of course, one day, Cranford will probably be among my collection. :)

    ReplyDelete