"But today, of all days, it is brought home to me, it is no bad thing to celebrate a simple life..."

Sunday, September 4, 2011

Is That Fall that I Feel?



Did you feel it today? I don't know what the weather was like wherever you were, but here in Midland, TX it was pretty fantastic. What I felt as I sat on my rooftop writing in my journal today was the breath of fall rustling the leaves all about me. It felt so good. I really can't tell you how much I love it when the seasons change, but I'm going to try anyway. :) That time when Summer still lingers with bright sunny days, but Fall starts to slowly take over bringing cool breezes and lower temperatures every now and then. I start thinking of all the cute fall outfits I will wear, and do the flip flop where I put my summer clothes at the back of my closet and the warmer ones in front. And smelling the "Pumpkin Spice" and "Cinnamon" scented candles in every store I walk into.

But I know Texas. She likes to play tricks on you by sending days like we had today at the beginning of September to get your hopes up. Then just when you start to think about all those delightful fallish things, she brings back the 100 degree weather. But I have fallen for that trick before, lots before. I will  relish those cooler days by spending every possible moment outside like I did today, but I will remember that Summer isn't over yet and hot weather will come back--but not for long.

No comments:

Post a Comment