"But today, of all days, it is brought home to me, it is no bad thing to celebrate a simple life..."

Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Dear Roy Rogers, You're My Favorite Star

Today, 102 years ago, the King of the Cowboys was born. 



And I'm kind of glad he was because, you see, I grew up watching this guy. And I still like his movies and his songs a whole whole lot. 

Favorite movie: Probably "Don't Fence Me In"

Favorite Song: It's hard to pick just one, but I think my two favorites are "Sunday Kind of Country Kind of Love" and "It's Good to be Home Again"

Fun Fact: His real name is Leonard Franklin Sly. And because no cowboy ever was called "Leonard," he chose the stage name Roy Rogers.

-----------------------------

Well, I think the only fitting way to end this post is by saying, 
"Good bye, good luck, and may the good Lord take a likin' to ya." -Roy Rogers.


No comments:

Post a Comment