"But today, of all days, it is brought home to me, it is no bad thing to celebrate a simple life..."

Friday, October 28, 2011

California Trip Post #2

(If you haven't already you might want to read the California Trip Post #1. 

We drove back to San Francisco. 
On Sunday we went to Muir woods. If there is a place in this world where elves and fairies live, I'm pretty sure it's in these woods. They named it after the guy who discovered it (or something like that, I wasn't really paying attention the tour guide...) but I think it's a pretty awful name for a such an enchanting place like that. I didn't really take any pictures of it because I knew that a photograph couldn't do it justice. But here is a picture of me in one of the trees. 
Yes, it's huge. But I wasn't really that captivated by the massive trees. There was just something mysteriously enchanting about the place. Anyway, I'll move on. I could talk about it all day and you'd probably still not understand. So you'll just have to go there someday for yourself. 

The rest of the trip can be summed up by mostly pictures. 
One of the Cable Cars you hear so much about.
Notice it's number 16, and this trip was for my 16 birthday.  Kinda cool. :-) 
  
 
The Golden Gate Bridge. It's not really golden, and I was pretty disappointed about that. 


Alcatraz.  
All the windows in this building were filled with really old sewing machines. Awesome right?

And that concludes it. I had a wonderful time, but have decided that the city is not for me. It's fun for a little while, but in the end "there's no place like home." Yes, that phrase is totally cliche, but it's true. 






More blog post soon! I've got some pretty fun stuff to talk about. Like an amazing trip to Tennessee and a really awesome birthday present.


No comments:

Post a Comment