"But today, of all days, it is brought home to me, it is no bad thing to celebrate a simple life..."

Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Christmas Time's a comin'

Well now that Thanksgiving is over we can officially move on to more Christmasy things. Wait, what? Christmas already? Good gracious time really does fly. 

Here's some of the Christmasy things we've been doing around here the last few days:
Building fires (Nope it's not really cold enough for a fire, but who cares?) 
Decorating the Christmas tree
Hanging the stockings 
Drinking hot chocolate and cider 
and of course.....
Listening to Christmas music. 

Some of my favorites:
Michael Buble's Christmas album. 
Carol of the Bells/ Sing We Now of Christmas by Barlowgirl. it's uhhmazing. 
Little Drummer Boy by Josh Groban. mmmhhhmmm. 

What are your favorite Christmas artists/albums/songs? Because I need suggestions.

And now, becuase I'm pretty much addicted to Pinterest, I'll post some wintry photos. 
Dreamworld / majestic snow!
The country.
Pinned Image
The City. 

Give me a choice between the country and the city and 9 out of 10 I'd pick country. But there's just something delightfully wonderful about the city at christmastime. Or at least my idea of it. Window shopping, people, carolers on the corner, buying gifts, stopping for a cup of cider. 
But then again, an old country cabin, with quilts that great great grandmothers knitted long ago, and lots of pies and cookies. Where a fire never seemed quite so delightful....
I just can't decide which I like better. What about you? Which would you rather? (Vote on the left side of the page!)

No comments:

Post a Comment